Listen to the episode here:
Valerie Varan, MS, LPC, NCC is a holistic psychotherapist and author of the newly released book, Living in a Quantum Reality: Using Quantum Physics and Psychology to Embrace Your Higher Consciousness. After an initial career in the environmental engineering field, and much prompting from the Universe, Valerie obtained her master’s degree in counseling psychology, worked traditionally for several years, and then went into private practice in 2006. Finally synthesizing her love of quantum physics, psychology and ancient wisdom, she has come to specialize in helping spiritually awakened people embrace their transpersonal and quantum worldview; cope with their, often unexpected, holotropic states of consciousness; and pursue their spiritual visions for a more conscious society.
Long before the popular film “The Secret” instructed millions of viewers in the universal law of attraction, therapists and mystics alike spoke of the value in replacing negative thoughts with positive intentions. Intention meditation involves choosing a state of being to experience. It is a multidimensional alignment of your heart, mind and physical body with your soul. The higher states of consciousness that can be reached in this way are the states in which the universal law of attraction begins to operate, the states where mind meets matter, the states that are explained by the latest in quantum physics, energy medicine, humanistic and positive psychology research using phrases such as resonance, entanglement, torsion, energy healing, and yes, intention experiments.
How does setting intention work? Simply put, energy follows thought and feeling. The more focused the thought and feeling, the stronger and more coherent (when soul, heart, brain and nervous system are in-sync) the energy. From research conducted so far, it appears that since everything is energy, and energy is boundless, setting strong intentions within your energy field resonates with the fields of similar intentions throughout the universe. More specifically, the use of imagery and intention generates electrical and magnetic fields within your nervous system, which can spread through your body and beyond. The energy and water in our living matrix can resonate and be imprinted with the energetic vibrations underlying words, thoughts, and intention. Since the heart produces the strongest electrical and magnetic rhythms of any tissue in the body, and sends signals to the brain, coherent intentions formed with love and gratitude, are hundreds of times stronger than intentions formed from incoherent random thoughts.
Check out the research at http://www.heartmath.com/research/ and learn about heart and brain coherence, and what it means for your emotional, mental and physical wellness.
Call me today at 303.547.8327 to schedule your free initial 30-minute consultation and learn more.
As a higher consciousness parent, you inevitably will be teaching inclusively loving values to your kids. But you may be wondering more specifically what you can do as a parent to help your children be the love that they naturally are, while also figuring out discipline and the confusing range of issues you have to deal with as a parent. Here are some of my thoughts, speaking as a therapist who has worked (and made mistakes) with so many of these children, but also juveniles and kids in social services, on what to consider as you move forward as a parent.
- Use your power as a role model – As you “be the love that you are”, your kids will watch what you do to nurture your inner essence, how you deal with the crises that arise, how you cope as a higher consciousness soul in your daily life, how you hold steadfast to your mission of doing your own soul work, which is love, and how you find balance with it all.
- Perfection is impossible and unnecessary – Stop trying to be perfect. It will give your children permission to not strive for perfection, which is humanly impossible. That doesn’t mean you (and they) don’t persist in your soul work, getting back up each time you are knocked down. It does mean you give up wasting unnecessary energy that festers into a boil of neuroticism and backfires your whole system into a breakdown. Besides, think of it this way, your kids will learn something, no matter what. When what you are modeling to them works, they learn that. When it doesn’t, they get to learn what didn’t work for you, but most importantly, how you kept going and persisting in your aspirations, and how you coped with the disappointments, sense of failure, sadness or depression, worries and anxieties. And such skills are among the most important independent living skills they need in order to be healthy adults. When you cope in a healthy way, you teach them that. Then they don’t need to go to a therapist to learn that later.
- Be patient – As they grow older, most likely they too will forget the love that they are. They too will look to other role models for what to “like” or “not like”, for what is popular and avoids rejection. This is simply part of their learning and process of awakening. What you can do to help, is to be patient with them and let them go through this. Don’t rescue them from the needed lessons and natural consequences of the world.
- Know the difference between rescuing and helping – Rescuing is when you do for them what they need to do for themselves to grow. Helping is discerning what they need from you to support them in this process of evolving. Hint: they usually will ask for what they need, before you have to ply it out of them.
- Make discipline about teaching – Don’t fight negative power with a surge of your own power; it amplifies. When they are most out-of-control with their own emotions, their frontal cortex is shut down and they can’t reason. Speak calmly so that their energy can resonate with your calm and be brought down in volume and intensity. When they have calmed down, then their brain is back on line (as it can be when they are children whose brains are not really developed until their 20s). The most effective discipline teaches a lesson, and feels like you care about their long-term well-being. When you speak to them, be firm and fair. Be consistent, following through with the warned consequence. Make consequences not about punishment, but about lessons, and similar to the natural consequences they may learn in life, within reason. Consider that consequences need to be developmentally appropriate to your child’s age, intelligence, and spiritual place. Some of your children may be like most children, and forget their soul essence by about the age of 7 to 9 (but that is usually, not always, because their soul essence was not nurtured). Such children will feel fear and its entire range of uncomfortable emotions as a result; they will test you, challenge the limits you have set, and feel more difficult for you to parent. They are in ego, and lessons for them need to be about ego development. Teach them positive power, since they are not feeling the natural power of their soul energy.
Other of your children may feel easy to “control”. These may be the ones who have not forgotten their soul energy. They will inherently try hard to please you, to help soothe you, even to heal you with their natural healing energy. The lessons they need to learn are different from typical children, and are more related to learning how to cope with their energetic and emotional sensitivities, how to not lose their soul self through imbalanced pleasing styles, and how to deal with mean people in loving and effective ways. The mistakes they make, that will require discipline, are often more about following others down a negative path out of the initial impulse to please that person, or because they have experienced hitting or slapping or bullying, and then try to use that, in turn, on others out of a sense of desperation for safety.
- Listen to them – Listen to what they ask and how they ask, so that you will be in tune with the developmental (ego and spiritual) place of each of your children. Use your empathy, your ability to register their hidden emotions, to know how they feel. Intuit what they need but which they can’t put into words, and ask them if it is correct perception. Don’t assume to relate to them, because there are many different waves of souls coming in all of the time. Discover what wave they are in. See them for the unique souls that they are, and know that they are here for their own soul purpose, not yours.
- Teach them to follow their higher heart – As they develop, it is healthy for them to learn the power of their own physical skills and abilities. To learn how to read the music of their own emotions. To think their own thoughts, and to notice which lines of thought inspire them the most. Physical body, emotions, and mind are to work in balance. Then, as a higher consciousness parent, your job will be to teach them how to go beyond this ego essence and personality and hear the higher heart of steadfast love. Support them in being the love that they are at their core, and in following the unknown path of the heart that this puts them on. Remind them that the role of thought is to be in service of their higher calling heart, that the subtle voice within the heart is to be considered the CEO and mind is to be like the executive assistant.
- Make them feel seen – As they follow the calling of their heart, be the first to see them. REALLY see them. Recognize their dreams and aspirations with a smile and a thumbs up. Encourage them to talk about how they might go about fulfilling these dreams. Ask if they are open to your suggestions, and if so, talk to them about some of the pitfalls they may be already having and ways they may not have thought about for hurdling them. Then let them be the one who follows through. Let them stumble and make mistakes. Let them find their own way of getting out of holes they have dug. Let them enjoy their successes.
- Don’t smother the fire of their higher heart – There is much written on “helicopter parenting”. Don’t do their tasks for them. Doing so robs them of the lessons they need to learn while they are young, so that by the time they enter adulthood, they feel proficient, competent, and confident. This is the way to self-mastery. Don’t take it away from them or they will resent you for it throughout their life. Check in on your own hidden motivations, and seek help if this is an issue for you. Gaining a sense of life success through your children’s successes is a selfish love. It is for you, not for them. I can’t count the number of clients who entered therapy with a sense of incompetence, poor self-esteem, lack of self-confidence, clinical anxieties and the like, due to parents who, in one way or another, weren’t able to teach them how to try, practice, see what works or doesn’t, try again, and persist until they realize the goal. This reminds me of a recent news post, where a high school was advertising for mentors to help teens complete their college applications. Both high schools and parents have failed these kids, if they don’t even feel skilled enough by their senior year to submit original essays, and compete through a determination to communicate who they are and how they are different, and win acceptance to a college of their choosing. On their own.
- Be judicious with medications – Many higher consciousness children are born strongly sensitive to energies. It is because of this that they exhibit symptoms of withdrawal, even pain, at over stimulation. They can be more sensitive to impure foods and all substances, including medications by the way, so amounts may need more attentive monitoring. They are in tune with higher creative energies, and get bored more easily; they are frequently diagnosed as ADHD and given medication to cope, which doesn’t teach them what they really need to learn…which is how to honor their creative mind, and how to cope skillfully with internal psycho-spiritual tools during times when they feel like they have to put up with boring material at school and with subjects that are not aligned with their soul energies. More recent waves of such children are wired from birth in such a way that they can’t do what is not aligned with their soul energy.
- Be a role model – Where you started, is where you go back to again and again. Your highest job is to do your own soul work, so that your kids will see you and be inspired to do their own. Parenting may be a beautiful way to learn many of the lessons you may need to learn, but it is never the intention of the universe that it be the end of your soul work. Remember, in soul work, you are creating for the good of us all. Not just your own family.
If you need help in this, I am here for you. But seek support somewhere, know that it will teach your children that it is simply part of the process of life to ask and receive assistance when stuck.
Many of you wonder how to interpret your dreams, so in Living in a Quantum Reality, I devote an entire section on how to distinguish your ego’s from your soul’s dreams. I also share with you one of my favorite ways to decode the messages embedded, for you personally, within the distinct visual and feeling elements of any dream, along with many examples.
For now, know that ego dreams are dreams that stem from the three slowest, most material, vibrational centers of personal consciousness. Whereas, soul dreams originate from higher and faster frequency spheres of your trans-personal consciousness. Your dreams mirror your focus in consciousness. In any given moment, when you shift your focused awareness into other states, your dreams – or any experiences in consciousness – follow immediately.
Ask yourself, “Was my dream about worries or fears? About not feeing secure enough materially, emotionally, intellectually, in life, in relationship, or in my career?” If so, this is most likely an ego dream that is bubbling up from your suppressed subconscious, or repressed unconscious. Pay attention to how you feel in the dream. Stay with the emotional charge, and let it move you naturally to shifted states and understanding. Or, was the dream absent of fear, and more like another life on another plane? Did it feel spiritual, that is, were you learning something significant or profound, maybe given a gift or revelation of that which is not translatable into words? These are most certainly soul dreams, experiences in higher or superluminal spheres of consciousness.
If you are willing to journal your dreams, especially write down these, in as much detail as you can consciously recall. Contemplate the qualities inherent in any object, person, place or otherwise, within the dream. Write these dream elements down, and then next to them, their most outstanding quality or attribute sensed by you. For instance, let’s say a bird was in your dream. Think of what quality or meaning that comes to mind most naturally, and electrifies you when you pause and ponder upon it. Does the bird immediately bring images and a sense of freedom to you? If so, write down that quality. Or, does it bring to mind the feeling of movement, change in life, or transformation? If so, write that most fitting quality down. Do this with at least all key elements within the dream, in “chronological” order if you can. When you are done, “read” the dream qualities from left to write, or top to bottom, so to speak, as a decoding process of interpretation.
Usually, meaning pours into your awareness as you reflect upon your dream from such a relaxed state of nonjudgmental observer awareness. In a recent counseling session, I helped my client do this for a representative dream, that seemed indicative of a pattern of dreams she had been noticing, but which had puzzled her and left her curious about its message. By the time we were done, she teared with the insight that the dream was a message that she was holding onto anger at her mother, that she was blaming her for any current lack of skill she perceived and loathed within herself, that she was neglecting to perceive a sense of connection with a village of others, and that it was imperative that she forgive herself so that she could begin to forgive and heal all other relationships in her life.
If you would like me to support you in your dream interpretations, call me at 303-547-8327 so that we can schedule some time to meet. I feel honored to help!
Wisdom has been described as a loving understanding, a wise kind of love. A place in consciousness where the higher heart and mind are one. Wisdom has been handed down to us since the beginning of time. No matter how ancient, it is as fresh and new to most of us as the day it was first shared. Whether you read the Bible, ecstatic poetry of Rumi, Torah, Qur’an, Bhagavad Gita, Tao Te Ching, the teachings of Buddha, Lakota wisdom, or any other form of esoteric revelation and spiritual literature, there are golden nuggets to be mined that will enrich you with the light of truth.
As you enlighten your consciousness, you will want to read and reread these beautiful passages. For each expansion of your growth is as marked as the rings of a tree. And you will interpret any verse according to the ring of your growth. As you move from ring to ring, so will your comprehension shift its central axis, and therein lies the root of all misunderstandings.
I have grown to appreciate just how perfect a plan it is to have so many wisdom traditions to choose from. For each seems to resonate with a predominant focus of our consciousness. For example, while many religions teach how to prioritize our physical activities in life, Christianity seems to emphasize our emotional well-being with lessons of love, Buddhism instructs us in mental discipline, and the Tao invites us to explore the greater reaches and space of our beingness.
Rejecting outright all but one teaching, is like casting out every aspect of self that we fear because we do not yet understand. Discover the gems you have missed by perusing the pages of other wisdom teachings other than your own. In contrast to external religious rules put down by man, the esoteric verses across faiths are united in their focus on developing the internal sense of spirituality, the direct union with the infinite essence of All That Is we call God.
At this physical level of our being, truth for one will not necessarily be truth for another. What is true for you will electrify you, because it will resonate with who you are at your core and with where you are in your spiritual growth. Focus on that.
Transformation can occur in the twinkling of an eye. It need not take you years.
In this chaotic world, it is easy to lose the feeling of connection with God, Creator, the Great Mystery, or whatever name you give to that which really is beyond all name or label.
You begin to look outside of yourself, and what you see can be horrifying. Unloving acts of terror. Regular assaults on the environment and Mother Earth. Bosses who treat you like a slave. Companies which routinely take your money, and don’t deliver what they say you are paying for. Drivers who cut you off, or won’t let you merge into their lane. People who are rude to you, and don’t seem to care at all.
How can you feel connected to God, when you are trapped in this nightmare?
First of all, consider that it is indeed a nightmare, one that you can wake up from. Look inside you. There you will find your connection to God. Inside you is a subtle energy power. It may look like space, like nothing at all, but you will be in awe of its power. Physicists have even confirmed that within 1/5 teaspoon of space lies more power than in all the material known universe combined.
Within this space is beingness. And this beingness is God.
You are connected to God in ways you may have never imagined, if you generally think of God as a fatherly being who resides outside of you.
But even Jesus taught, through metaphor and parables, about the many forms of God: God as light, God as love, God as Father/Creator, God as Son, and God as Holy Spirit.
Consider that you are one in being with the Father/Creator. That this beingness flows through you, is felt as a subtle energy presence, and is what is described as Holy Spirit.
Imagine Father/Creator energy as Spirit taking shape as material form. Then all forms are one in being with the Father, for they are God at their Source. At your source, you too are one in being with the Father. Your soul is a cell in the body of God.
A marriage takes place between Spirit energy and material form, giving birth to the Son, Love energy itself. Love is a fundamental field of energy. The unifying force of Spirit and matter, which swirls us all together as one being.
This unified field is called by us the field of consciousness as a whole. It is Christ Consciousness itself, which Jesus came to radiate into the world. It is the primary field which serves as a template or blueprint for forms to materialize, as they transform from one form of energy to another, from torsional fields of superluminal light to the slower light electromagnetic bodies we usually think we are.
Through this transformative process of creation, as you are birthed into the individual soul consciousness that you are, first you are Love, Consciousness itself, then you take shape as you.
Re-turn to this connection that you inherently have with God. You are one in being with God, birthed as love, light, pure consciousness at your core, and clothed as a son or daughter of God.
The feeling of subtle energy presence, the awareness of the Holy Spirit, courses through your veins as a reminder of who you are. An interconnected part in the Whole of All That Is that we name God.
Be true to who you are. When you do, you radiate love to all who surround you, serving as a cell in the body of Christ consciousness, which is Love. From this state of your highest consciousness, you are in touch with God consciously; you register, through your intuition, your highest purpose for being here now; and you know what you are called to create through the love that you are.
What is meant by “higher consciousness” anyway?
The field of quantum physics has brought to humanity a new understanding of an invisible world of energy vibration and a fundamental field we experience as consciousness. And though the specifics are still being debated within the field itself, let alone outside by the rest of us, we do know enough to enjoy greater insight into what is meant by “higher consciousness”.
Let me explain consciousness in terms of an array of faster/higher and slower/lower energy frequency vibrations, and the information they carry.
The invisible world of energy is a world where separation, or distinction among fields and forms of energy, is based upon frequency or speed of vibration. Einstein’s famous equation of E=MC 2 tells us that energy takes shape as matter, or matter sheds its form and appears as energy, depending upon the speed of its light.
Most related to matter, electromagnetism is a tiny spectrum of slower frequency light (a photon is a single unit of light), which corresponds to the red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo and violet color informational bandwidths. This is the range of energy vibration that gives us our perceptions of time and space, and material objects.
But there is much more energy than meets the eye!
Recently, scientists have been able to name and categorize a type of energy that disobeys the electromagnetic laws of time and space: torsion fields. Torsion seems to involve fields of energy vibration so fast that they take no time or space at all to travel. At this superluminal level of vibration, all is interconnected as one synchronized field. When one part of this unified field is effected, the entire field is so effected. At torsion levels of higher vibration, information is continuously and immediately shared among all that is.
With information apparently an inherent aspect of its power, energy seems to be highly intelligent by its very nature. Thus, I have come to very simply define consciousness as a matrix of energy carrying information. (Since the varying fields of energy differ in the type of information they carry, consciousness itself is differentiated by the quantity and quality of information it contains.)
Quantum physicists are now saying that it is the field of consciousness that is our primary and fundamental level of existence, and it is consciousness as a field that serves as the blueprint field for material reality.
Higher consciousness literally refers to fields of consciousness involving faster and higher frequency fields of energy, such as torsion, and therefore higher states of informational awareness and experiential beingness. And, scientifically, torsion fields have been correlated with peak states, intuitive or direct knowing, extrasensory perception, clairvoyance, precognition, remote viewing, long distance energy healing, and other types of “magical” or psychic phenomena that involve nonlocal and synchronized sharing of information.
While peak states do vary (because each individual represents a unique fingerprint of energy we refer to as the soul), states of higher consciousness have in common the sense of oneness, interconnectedness, and love that is incomprehensible to those who have not experienced them consciously.
People, who live from such states of higher consciousness, are recognized by the information they bring to all of us and the higher values by which they live their lives. Their values shift because their perceptual field has shifted, and they can no longer see separation as those who are still living from lower, slower, more electromagnetic fields of energy and awareness. Their message to us: that we should love all forms of life inclusively and unconditionally because all is one in being, that we are love itself, and that all we really need to do is to be the loving higher consciousness that we are at our core.
What’s a “chakra”? And why might you want to know about it?
Chakras are energy vortices, like spinning windmills, generating power that flows into and out of your physical body. They really are a big deal!
They serve as intake and outtake valves of information, communicating essential messages between you and the interconnected universe. Between you and your soul, and your even broader quantum self. Between you, as your individual consciousness, and All That Is as wholeness or unity consciousness. These messages can be received/transmitted subconsciously or consciously. The more you know about your energy chakras, the more consciously you can be involved in these subtle energy communications.
You’ve likely heard there are seven chakras. Well, in reality, there are more than you could ever count. But the seven major are like the seven largest highway intersections in your city, compared to the multitude of crisscrossing smaller highways, tinier roads and dirt paths. For chakra vortices arise from the merging and intersecting of your energy channels or highways (called meridians in acupuncture, Eastern medicine and psychology).
The chakras transmit information among your energy spheres or bodies. You may have heard of your aura? Well, that is the most visible or detectable sphere of energy and consciousness which surrounds the body, and is comprised of largely electromagnetic fields, mixed with non-local torsion fields (visit the Quantum Physics & Psychology page under Soul Work). That’s about as far as we’ve come with our scientific understanding. But you live within an infinite array of energy or consciousness bodies. And, where you focus your consciousness, determines your experience within consciousness.
What are these seven major chakras, which transfer information (as consciousness) among your energy bodies? I will briefly discuss them next, in order from the slowest to fastest frequency vortices.
- Physical – The physical or “root’ chakra, as a vortex of energy carrying information, brings in data about the physical world, about material things. It gives you the grounded sense of a physical “I”, and moves you toward self-preservation and physical health activities. It comprises your autopilot, neuroplastic self and instinctual/cellular intelligence, and is especially connected to the base of your spine.
- Emotional – The emotional or “sacral” chakra gives you a sense of “I-You” awareness. It brings you your sense of relationship with all that you see and feel, in the form of a pleasant or unpleasant emotions. That which resonates with your own unique energy field registers in your awareness as “like” you. That which doesn’t resonate with you, registers as “not like” you. People who are very tuned into this vortex of energy are called empaths; they literally feel what you feel as you feel it. Not only that, they feel the emotional energy of all things and collectively. This is the seat of emotional/social intelligence, and it governs the body in the area of your reproductive organs.
- Mental – The third mental or “solar plexus” chakra spins in the area of your stomach and enteric nervous system, which is why you tend toward nausea or digestive/stomach pain when you lose yourself within negative and catastrophic thinking. This chakra gives you your sense of personal mind and individual thought. It helps you rationalize, analyze and problem solve. Your task to balance this chakra area is to build up your sense of personal power or ego and learn personal achievement. But not for selfish gain. Instead it is for the purpose of constructively building the ego, so that it may be in service of your soul. The more you learn to quiet, at will, this lower mental energy we call thought, the more you will hear the subtle voice of your soul. Then your thoughts can be put to good use, as they come into synchrony with your soul.
- Heart – The fourth chakra is called the heart chakra, not only because it is located in the etheric space in front of and in back of your physical heart, but too because it brings you the knowledge of higher love. This is the seat of your soul in your physical body. When your consciousness is focused in your wide-open heart chakra, you fill yourself up with the wholeness of unconditional love. It is this love that gives you the sense of connectedness that you seek, moves you as a conscious soul in your daily activity, and comes in as intuitive or direct knowing. Within this energy area, you naturally feel responsible for your part in the whole, and make it your life mission. You naturally are compassionate and forgiving. Your sense of self becomes a “We”, a collective awareness where you are they and they are you. All is interconnected in this subtle heart field.
- Throat – The fifth chakra is referred to as the throat chakra since it is located in the area of the neck and throat. When this vortex of energy is allowed to be open and flowing, you use your voice in the service of your soul. You create for the good of all. This is the seat of your highest creativity. When you are creating to help others, as you do when using your throat chakra energy, you really begin to invite the Law of Attraction to synchronize your life.
- Third Eye – The sixth chakra is a vortex of energy which is located at a point between your two physical eyes. It is the coherently organized and laser-like field of energy, referred to in the Bible as “thine eye made singular”. It brings you higher sight, visionary and psychic intelligence. When this vortex is spinning unrestrictedly, you see into the quantum field of potentiality what has yet to be made manifest. You see opportunity where others see problems. You will receive “downloads” of information, in a way that others may consider you a genius. As your mind is pointed and prepared, you will receive.
- Seventh – The seventh chakra spins above the crown of your physical head. It brings you inspiration and the wisdom of Divine Will. When this vortex is open, you will feel inspired with Spirit. You may use this gateway to go out of body during meditation or sleep, or during a near-death experience. This is the door to transcendent consciousness, where your personal sense of self sacrifices itself, and dissolves in the bliss of oneness.
For more information on your chakras, and especially your spheres of consciousness that comprise the multidimensional quantum self, check out my book, Living in a Quantum Reality: Using Quantum Physics and Psychology to Embrace Your Higher Consciousness .
When you’re aligned with soul, your life IS your creative project. This is quite different from thinking of creativity as something to do to relax and unwind from a busy day at work, like playing guitar as a hobby, singing in a local ensemble, learning how to make pottery, or knitting while you watch television. In ego, you feel disconnected from your creative flow, and so you make attempts here and there to get it back. But it never quite feels enough.
In soul, you naturally are aware that you are here to participate in the process of creating this world, as the unique stream of energies that you naturally are at your core. You bring a set of qualities here that no one else can duplicate – a particular perspective, a combined set of interests and skills, a specific passion that never goes away – and it is your opportunity to bring your vision forward through the life and love that you are. That is what I mean when I tell you that your life is to be your creative project.
How do you start?
Listen to that subtle voice inside that tells you intuitively in which direction to head next. That is the voice of your soul. When your mind is quiet, you know it communicates with you. That is often the very reason you drown it out with other people’s voices. It scares you to go out on this limb, to be different from those you see around you. You’re afraid, perhaps even traumatized, that you’ll be criticized and rejected.
Allow your fears to be felt and known. Fear is not a problem in itself. With your attention and compassion, your fear will melt within the safety of your love. Consider that all of those people who make the widest impact in our world inevitably are rejected by those who cling to the status quo. Accept it as a fact. But not as a failure. Don’t jump to the conclusion that their rejection of you has anything to do with failure on your part. Realize that most of the time it says something about where they are in their consciousness, and how where you are in yours is substantially different. When you are attempting to change the world in a dramatic way, you are in a highly shifted state of consciousness from the majority of society. Re-frame failure as one-pointed persistence.
Give up perfectionism. It doesn’t exist within a single individual. Perfection lies in the diversity of life. When you connect with soul consciousness, you inevitably become aware of what you feel called to do in your highest dreams. Within balance, let go of all which does not serve this purpose. Practice faith, the trust in the unknown guidance you will receive through intuition and synchronicity. Have courage. Find others, even across the globe, who seem to get you and feel similar callings as you.
Be you. That is the creative work of your soul, stirring simply and mysteriously through you as you.
You may have heard people talking about the Law of Attraction. “What is it?” you wonder. The Bible teaches that what we sow, we reap what we plant is harvested. “Is this Law of Attraction?”
Perhaps you have read books suggesting that your thoughts create your reality, but you’re well aware that your thoughts are often negative and all over the place. It’s freaking you out a bit, each time something negative happens in your life. “What do I need to do to manifest my own reality? Is this the same thing as karma?”
The Law of Attraction is one of the most frequently misunderstood.
It is a universal law that similar energies resonate with one another, and in that way, they group together. When you see a rainbow, notice that red energies form one bandwidth of color, orange another, and the same with yellow, green, blue, indigo and violet. None is more or less important than the other group of color. And, at the level of wholeness we see as white light, all colors are united.
We too are like white light with a rainbow of color hidden within. Soul and ego are different bandwidths of energy, with distinct types of effects. Existing beyond time and space, our soul energy or consciousness resides at the faster, torsional, super-luminal, end of the rainbow spectrum, where Law of Attraction really applies. In other words, it is the energy of the soul that magnetizes or attracts that which best serves its purposes.
Whether we live predominantly as soul consciousness or ego consciousness determines how much we sense the Law of Attraction working in our lives through synchronous events that defy imagination and ordinary logic. Soul energies are attracted to similar soul energies at levels of torsion fields (see the section on Quantum Physics & Psychology), which involve harmonic synchronicities orchestrated nonlocally and beyond time and space. Egoic energies resonate with other egoic energies at the levels of electromagnetic fields, which have “local”, instead of nonlocal, effects that take time and space to unfold.
When we are in tune with nonlocal and more subtle fields of energy and communication, we are in step with the larger whole. Life appears as one synchronicity happening after another.
At this energetic level, we are in tune with soul consciousness. Through the energies of the heart and soul, we are led to group together with those of similar soul purpose united, we feel as though we are one. We are aware of our unique pattern of energy as an individual consciousness and too, we are aware of our part within the whole of consciousness.
We are in instantaneous communication with the collective body or group mind that is soul consciousness. Synchronicities guide us, through time and distance, toward those with whom we resonate as a soul. And, it tangibly feels like we are connected beyond space and time, moved by an invisible force or subtle energy Presence, as if some unseen Conductor is orchestrating a grand symphony in which we play our part.
Most of us are not typically synchronized with our soul consciousness in this way, at least not routinely and consciously. It is because our focus and attention are usually pointed externally toward the material world, instead of internally within the subtle soul self.
It then feels like we are disconnected because our ego’s mental energies are focused on the physical level of “things”, where we see everything as a separate object. (And in psychology we know that what we look for is what we see and what we don’t look for, we are blind to. It is called inattentional blindness.)
As we perceive such disconnection and separation, we plummet into an illusion of sorts. Illusion, because as quantum physics now teaches us, all matter is really energy vibrating at some speed of light, faster or slower in frequency. But energies that are subtly vibrating are not what the majority of us sees with our physical eyes. Instead, we perceive the material plane or layer of vibration that is the slowest one of our whole existence. We see “things”, appearing to us as solids. And we mistake this solid layer of reality as the only existing reality.
Furthermore, because as ego we focus on and value “things”, we have long assumed that space was nothingness. How wrong we have been! Again quantum physics has taught us much. It turns out that there is more power and energy in 1/5th teaspoon of space than in all the known material universe combined! (Which is fascinating when we realize that esoteric wisdom teaches that space is really a “being” or beingness itself.)
What does this have to do with Law of Attraction? Everything!
Our ego’s illusions have hurt us greatly. Seeing disconnection and separation, we fall into fear, despair, anger and vengefulness. As we do, we literally lower the vibration of our experience, and plunge into the lower frequency energies of electromagnetism. At those levels of human consciousness, we feel loss of power and any sense of meaningful connection with our larger world.
We attract others who are also fearful, hopeless, angry and vengeful because they resonate with our energy states at those times. Those who are in states of loving vibration do not. They have compassion for us, but they cannot stay around us for long, especially in intimate relationships, because we are not healthy enough for them to live next to us day to day.
Notice when we are in groups of people who are joyful and filled with laugher and playfulness, how light and free it feels. If someone who is intensely anxious or resentful approaches the group, they hopefully lift their spirits or they will not feel like they fit in. Or, the energy of the group instantly shifts as it accommodates this new person.
It is because of the way energy resonates among like-minded people, that mean-spirited people mock others of higher consciousness (e.g. ridicule them for being “naïve” or ideal, see their kindness as weakness), and prefer to surround themselves with external sources of power, guns and violence. Doing so, they attract what they put out and create a self-fulfilling prophecy. They convince themselves that they are right to believe others are dangerous and to be feared, and so their cycle continues.
On the other hand, kind and loving people also experience a self-fulfilling prophecy. As they treat others as they would like to be treated – with respect, allowing, love, gentleness, forgiveness and compassion – others respond in kind. Others safe enough to let their guard down, open up, and let us in. There is a sharing that happens, a collaboration and mutual responsibility.
“But if that is true, then why do bad things happen to good people?”
Kind and loving, higher consciousness, people are still part of the group of humanity. And so, we will reap effects sown by humanity over centuries and over our various lifetimes. Effects that show up as societal and cultural values, norms, expectations, pressures, and even environmental disasters caused by such imbalanced ways of living and treating all of Earth’s lifeforms over all of these years.
That is why as a soul consciousness living on the planet these days, it can feel so hard to be here. But the answer is not to lose the light of soul consciousness.
Your most significant task at this time is to hold steady the light of your soul and in doing so you are helping to raise the vibration of humanity as a whole, and of the planet at large. Each person makes a huge difference with the ripple effects of our thoughts and actions. In one direction or another.
Practice faith in that higher synchronous whole. Sometimes what we perceive as something “bad” that happens to us individually, turns out to be a blessing at the level of soul. The answers are not usually found at the level of human ego consciousness, but at the level of soul and wholeness consciousness.
Here are some suggestions for manifesting the Law of Attraction in your life:
- Learn to hold steady the light and vibration of your soul consciousness, and practice, practice, practice. There are many exercises that help us do this. They involve learning to focus the mind and consciousness in the higher states of gratitude for what you have already received and unconditional love for all that is. They also involve learning to perceive subtle energy.
- Know that there is a difference in power between energy that is scattered and energy that is quite organized and coherent, as physicists describe it. Torsion fields and synchronous nonlocal effects seem to be fields that are strongly coherent, like a laser of light. Cohere the light of your soul. Cohere soul and ego, so that they are aligned, with ego serving the intention of the soul.
- You’ve likely read about the power of intention, but it is a tricky thing. It is not the same as one bold willful thought. It is a full body, multilevel alignment of body/actions, heart/motivations, mind/thoughts, and soul/spirit.
- Choose what you intend for your life. It is surprising how fearful we are of making a determined choice, and accepting responsibility for our choices. Choices for the well-being of the whole hold power over choices for personal gain.
- Make sure your thoughts are not scattered, and instead are coherently organized in the direction of your intent. Loving intentions for the group good hold the most coherent power. Divided intentions get watered down results.
- Focus your imageries on seeing your intentions as happening now in the present. (Our present-moment awareness is the point uniting soul and ego.) A vision board helps to anchor this coherent focus in your daily awareness.
- Align your intentions with the power that is soul, that is inclusive love, that is spaciousness and no-thingness, that is beingness, that is the group of all of us. Allow soul to choose the intentions from its higher state of awareness and understanding. Allow ego – human mind, heart’s desires/motivations, and body – to be in service of this higher group loving intention.
- Practice faith that there is much you don’t know at the level of ego or human consciousness. Allow what is. And continue to inject your intention for the group of us into the mainstream of soul consciousness. It takes each and all of us to shift humanity as a group into the higher consciousness society that we yearn to see.
- Remember that soul is aligned with torsion fields, which are synchronized beyond space and time. Ego is aligned with electromagnetism, and as such, is within the slower and less powerful bandwidth.
It is soul that has the power to attract in the way you think about the Law of Attraction. As the love you are as a soul pours forth, it ignites the Law of Attraction, which gives to you what you need to fulfill your love. The more you give, the more you receive. It is you that sets the rhythm.
For more information on Law of Attraction, and on living as a soul and overcoming the fears of your ego, feel free to check out my book – Living in a Quantum Reality: Using Quantum Physics and Psychology to Embrace Your Higher Consciousness