You may feel fearful about the future in many aspects of your life. Some people dread being in social situations. Others may experience intense reactions to places or things. Your heartbeat begins to race. Your palms may get sweaty. Breathing can become difficult. Your bodyï¿½s responses rage out of control and you suddenly feel limp. These are the varied faces of fear, anxiety, panic and phobia.
Anxiety is a normal reaction to uncertainty and danger. But when it begins to happen too frequently, take over your life or weaken your health, it is time to seek help from a professional. Holistic counseling can help you sort out your symptoms and heal the root causes of your anxiety. For instance:
- Signs of hypoglycemia include nervousness, sweating, palpitations, irritability, decreased concentration or mental confusion. We may want to see how your diet is worsening your symptoms and mimicking anxiety.
- Movement or exercise can help by balancing out the body’s oversupply of energy and stress hormones.
- Guided imagery, meditation, yoga, biofeedback and other mind-body relaxation strategies can often be as effective as anti-anxiety medication.
- As you learn how your thoughts and the meaning you attach to events are creating this mind-body physical reaction, you will feel increasingly empowered to prevent anxiety reactions from occurring.
- Bioenergetic techniques can help you unblock energy from areas in your body that tend to hold fear and panic responses. It’s similar to resetting a biological clock.
Call me today at 303.547.8327 to schedule your free initial 30-minute consultation and learn more!