Depression - Longing to sleep all day? Struggling to get up and face another day? Not sure why you are crying so much? Have your eating habits changed? Do you feel little energy or motivation?
Depression can take many forms. Some people have felt gloomy their entire life and don’t know why. Others have noticed more recently that they just can’t shake the sadness, and are beginning to feel hopeless that things will ever get better. Perhaps they wonder if the world would be better off without them.
Holistic counseling can help you do more than reduce your symptoms. Together, we can help you heal your depression.
- A medical condition may be creating these symptoms
- Nutritional therapies can improve certain types of eating and digestive patterns, nutritional deficiencies (e.g. Omega-3 fatty acids) and food allergies that can actually lead to many of the same symptoms as depression
- Bioenergetic exercises can improve movement and circulation, which appear to increase endorphins (feel-good hormones), energy levels and motivation, as well as rebalance other chemicals like norepinephrine and serotonin
- Light and other energy-based therapies can improve depression associated with seasonal changes, weather patterns and geomagnetic stress from fluctuations in the earth’s rhythms
- The inability to relax may lead the body to feel chronically drained, for which mind-body relaxation or meditation strategies are especially useful
In addition, we will explore through our work together what’s been going on for you in your life. My experience has been that when we feel extreme sadness, it could be that we’re depressed, or we may be grieving a loss. Depression can result from self-defeating thought patterns, or from having given away our personal power to others. We feel powerless to live the life that authentically brings us joy. If we bounce from depression or really low energy to extremely high energy, we may be in need of balancing, rather than simply medicating ourselves for “bipolar” disorder. Perhaps we feel our depression switch rapidly to rage, angry with ourselves for letting our lives slip away.
Whichever way your feelings are coming up for you, your sense of well-being can be restored. To learn more, call me at 303.547.8327 and schedule a free initial 30-minute consultation.
Severe Depression: If you are feeling suicidal or homicidal, please call 911 for immediate medical care since I do not provide emergency services. I provide only outpatient level of care. I do send you special blessings for healing and love. Know that sometimes we do need the blessing of medicine, hospitalization or residential treatment during critical moments.